The few weeks has been grim. It may seem a little perverse to write a “why I love running” post when at the moment I can hardly run but heyho that’s life.
1. FREEDOM. You can be whoever you want to when you run. Really truly cross my heart etc etc. Most the time Im Pocahontas (in a non cultural appropriation sort of way) but other times when Im alone on a trail run Im totally pulling a Braveheart.
2. Have you seen those motivational posters : “Run like X (insert currently popular Actor) is at the finish line. These posters are pretty popular which makes me run faster because at the end of the day, I want to beat you all.
3. Competition. You might have noticed Im fairly competitive, its pretty ingrained. Having said that being a good sportsman about losing is too. Being competitive enables me to make goals and push through them. Nothing gives me a better sense of achievement.
4. Therapy. We live a relatively stressful age (and yes I know cupcake that all stress is relative) but on top of all that stress I can guarantee most of us are broke. And we can look forward to a bright future of brokenness. On top of paying off university, rent, saving up for mortgages and paying tax I doubt I am going to earn enough to remove said “broke” status for a while. So yeah I literally run off my problems. Got a problem with that? Try catch me.
5. You want to know something embarrassing, my parents have lived in the same area for 6 years. The embarrassing bit? I have just learnt my neighbourhood. Literally run round it. Makes me feel like an explorer. In surburban England. So cool. So not cool.
6. Lastly have you seen my ass? Have you seen other runners ass’? Do a little creepin, its ok we’ll keep it on the down low. You converted? You should be.
Im doing a post holiday cleanse this week. So excited to share more recipes and photos!
Post run. Dead. My fat is crying, Im crying. No more hills.